Welcome to the FSU Sub deanery Website
What is the Subdeanery?
A pilot has been established through the Federation Support Unit due to the increasing need for more exposure of undergraduate medical students in General Practice and to help ease their orientation into General Practice overall. We are initially based in North Belfast and South West Federation practices with the hope that the pilot may be expanded regionally next year.
Our main aims:
- To maximise capacity of student placements within GP Surgeries.
- To streamline the allocation of students from QUB and UU into GP surgeries.
- To enhance placement experience through innovative teaching methods and exposure to local opportunities.
- To widen GP Tutor engagement and provide generic resources to support teaching practices.
- To encourage interprofessional learning within Multi-Disciplinary Teams and Peer to Peer Teaching.
If you have any suggestions regarding what you would like to avail of on the website please click here
An invitation to NPT and patient led learning event You are warmly invited to a learning event that is hosted by GP Subdeanery in North Belfast It is a virtual workshop on 29th October 2020 11am – 12.15pm Register here All participants will be actively involved in the...
Advancing skills and attitudes for interprofessional collaboration "Learning about, from and with each other" Background to Interprofessional Learning and Collaboration In General Practice and indeed in other sectors of healthcare services multiple professionals come...
FSU Twitter Feed
Monday 12th October 14:30
It was great to meet today with some of the GPs in North Belfast as we are now kick starting the Subdeanery pilot again. If you weren’t able to attend you can look through the presentation. We hope to be in touch soon.
This video shows the Joly GP Trainees who have their own podcast who came along to talk to the North Belfast GPs at the first Subdeanery Event on 26thFebruary at the Lansdowne Hotel First night meeting with the North Belfast federation about the Subdeanery...